Where / What / When
Casper / Engineering Manager
New York, NY 02/2017 - Present
Acted as the frontend engineering lead, managing three teams of developers building applications across marketing, conversion, and platform respectively
- Owned the frontend technology vision, strategy and architecture to support a fast paced e-commerce organization
- Worked with leadership to develop and adopt yearly and quarterly roadmaps to reach company goals
- Kick-started Casper’s public bug bounty program, leading the creation of internal application security processes, education, and hiring
- Developed the hiring pipeline for frontend engineers, appsec engineers, and roles across the organization; creating new roles, interview processes and career ladders
Hillary for America / Engineering Manager
Brooklyn, NY 09/2015 - 11/2016
Served as both tech lead and people manager for the campaign Fundraising team. We were responsible for donations and signups, e-commerce, and internal tooling
- Grew the Fundraising team from two Engineers to nine in a year
- Led the team to take responsibility for over a dozen major project responsibilities on tight campaign driven deadlines
- Oversaw key architectural decisions, including the adoption of server rendering and custom frameworks to improve front-end performance
- Acted as technical leader to run key planning and prioritiziation with the Product, Finance and Digital Marketing teams
- Worked with the team to manage the development planning process, establishment of technical guidelines and release processes to meet deadlines, maintain code quality and ensure product reliability
- Conducted performance reviews for direct reports to give actionable feedback and title adjustments
Optimizely / Senior UI Engineer
San Francsico, CA, 05/2014 - 09/2015
Worked on the Predictive Analytics and Web Platform teams to develop interactive data visualizations for Optimizely's Personalization product
- Developed working prototypes to visualize results from customer A/B tests and personalized experiences that cut across large data sets to help customers get actionable results
- Wrote componentized and tested interactive dashboards using VueJS & NuclearJS, to manage experiments and personalized experiences
- Led the effort to benchmark and track front-end performance across the product suite, which included integrating new tooling and negotiating with vendors
SmugMug.com / Sorcerer (Software Engineer)
Mountain View, CA, 08/2010 - 04/2014
I began with a front-end role and moved across the technical stack, implementing everything from infrastructure to product and API features
- Wrote user-facing documentation, gave bi-weekly lectures, and filled in gaps in the internal API before release
- Developed and tested a Node.js proxy that performed server-side rendering of our rich client application using PhantomJS
- Designed and completely rewrote our mobile photo gallery experience using jQuery Mobile
- Led a team to integrate third-party tools into the site, which required data sharing and a major front-end refactor
Genius.com / Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA, 04/2008 - 05/2010
I developed features for the core product -- a marketing autiomation tool, as well as the architecture for our custom PHP framework.
- Designed and developed a MVC page development framework using PHP, ExtJS, XML, and JSON.
- Played a pivotal role in designing a web security test plan and creating a set of secure programming guidelines.
- Served as Scrum Master, where I worked to worked to tailor Agile/Lean methodologies to the needs of our team.
C-Print / Software Developer
Rochester, NY, 06/2004 - 12/2006
As a college intern, I developed a client/server application in Java to assist deaf & hard of hearing students with classroom interactions.
- Oversaw design, development, and testing of a major release on a team of four developers.